Contenido principal del artículo
AutoresDeniz Alic Ural
Objective. To determine the efficiency of clinoptilolite supplements on milk production and somatic cell count (SCC). Materials and methods. 80 Holstein–Friesian cows were used, between 2 and 4 years of age ad between their first and third lactation. Two groups made up of 40 animals were constituted, and one of the following treatments were assigned randomly: Control group (n=40) with a basal diet, and experimental group (Clinoptilolite; n=40) with a basal diet + 3% (p/p) of clinoptilolite. The basal diet consisted of corn, hay, sunflower flour, barley grains, wheat bran and soy flour. The experiment lasted 16 weeks (February to June 2013) and began 4 weeks before the expected delivery date. 2560 milk samples were taken (morning and evening), and the farm was visited twice a week. Results. The mean values for the control group and the clinoptilolite group were 30.63±0.851 and 33.66±0.756, respectively. Milk prouction for the clinoptilolite group was higher than that of the control group (p<0.01). SCC for the control and clinoptilolite groups was 5.06±0.045 and 4.79±0.011, respectively (p<0.01). Conclusions. Supplementing with 3% (p/p) clinoptilolite in dairy cows increases milk production and decreases somatic cell count.
Detalles del artículo
2. Dschaak CM, Eun JS, Young AJ, Stott RD, Peterson S. Effects of supplementation of natural zeolite on intake, digestion, ruminal fermentation, and lactational performance of dairy cows. Prof Anim Sci 2010; 26:647–654. http://dx.doi.org/10.15232/S1080-7446(15)30662-8
3. Karatzia MA, Pourliotis K, Panagiotis DK, Karatzias H. Effects of in-feed inclusion of clinoptilolite on blood serum concentrations of aluminium and inorganic phosphorus and on ruminal pH and volatile fatty acid concentrations in dairy cows. Biol Trace Elem Res 2011; 142:159-166. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12011-010-8765-3
4. Mumpton FA, Fishman PH. The application of natural zeolites in animal science and aquaculture. J Anim Sci 1977; 45:1188-1203. http://dx.doi.org/10.2527/jas1977.4551188x
5. Bosi P, Creston D, Casini L. Production performance of dairy cows after the dietary addition of clinoptilolite. Ital J Anim Sci 2002; 1:187-195. http://dx.doi.org/10.4081/ijas.2002.187
6. Karadeniz RB. DoÄŸal zeolite (klinoptilolite) atιksulardan amonyak giderimi. [MS Thesis]. Ankara, Turquia: Hacettepe Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü; 2003.
7. Rotamin yem katkιsι. Rota Madencilik, Rota Mad Hay Tar Nak Dis Tic 2008; (access September 10, 2013) URL available: http://www.zeoliteproducer.com/rotamintr.html
8. Omid A, Mohamadi A, Nori A, Yarinejad F. The use of zeolite for the reduction of risk of milk fever in dairy cows. Iran International Conference (IIZC'08). CIVILICA: Tehran-Iran; 2008. (access September 10, 2013) URL available in: http://www.civilica.com/Paper-ZEOLITE01-ZEOLITE01_030.html
9. Erwanto IR, Zakaria WA, Prayuwidayati M. The use of ammoniated zeolite to improve rumen metabolism in ruminant. Anim Prod 2012; 13(3):138-142.
10. ETS zeolite is of great value in the cattle industry in the dollowing ways: beef cattle, dairy cattle, other benefits. ETSZeolite[en liena]. 2013. (Access September 10, 2013) URL available in: http://www.etszeolite.com/html/cattle.html
11. Ural DA, Cengiz O, Ural K. Dietary clinoptilolite addition as a factor for the improvement of milk yield in dairy cows. J Anim Vet Adv 2013; 12(2):140-145.
12. Breed RS. The microscopic appearance of unpasteurized market milk and cream. New York State: Agricultural Experiment Station, Geneva Bull; 1929.
13. Packard VS, Tatini VS, Fugua R, Heady J, Gilman C. Direct microscopic methods for bacteria or somatic cells. 16th ed. Washington, DC: Am Public Health Assoc; 1992.
14. Packard VS, Ginn RE. Standard methods for the examination of dairy products. Am Public Health Assoc 1985; 219-237.
15. SPSS. Social sciences research and instructional council teaching resourches depository. SPSS for Windows, Version 17.0; 2011.
16. Duncan DB. Multiple range and multiple F test. Biometrics 1995; 11:42.
17. Azman MA, Umucaillar HD, Aral E, Akin AI. Sut ineklerinde verim performansi, rumen parametreleri ve sindirilebilirlik uzerine zeolitin etkisi. Vet Bil Derg 1999; 15:105-109.
18. D'Yachenko LS, Lysenko VF. Natural zeolites in the diets for high-yielding cows. Zootekhniya 1988; 128(2):43-45.
19. Roussel JD, Adkinson RW, Thibodeaux JK, Toups GM, Goodeaux LL. Effects of feeding sodium zeolite-A on milk yield and composition in thermally stressed Holstein cows. J Dairy Sci 1991; 74(1):300.
20. Garcia Lopez R, Elias A, De La Paz JP, Gonzalez G. The utilization of zeolite by dairy cows. I The effect on milk composition. Cuban J Agric Sci 1988; 22:22-33.
21. Kirilov MP, Fantin VM, Kumarin SV, Kirilova NI, Sadykov S. Zeolites in feed mixtures for cows. Zootekhniya 1994; 10:1-12.
22. Morinaga F, Satou T, Sasaki K, Yoshida S, Kiku Y, Ozawa T, Hayashi T. The effects of natural materials (Stevia liquid, staxanthin mixed feed, and zeolite powder) on the somatic cell count of holstein cows with spontaneous mastitis. Bulletin of the Fukui Experiment Station of Domestic Animal Industry.[en linea]. 2010; (access September 10, 2013) URL available: http://agris.fao.org/agris-search/search/display .do?f= 2010%2FJP%2FJP1022.xml%3BJP2010003810.
23. Katsoulos PD, Zarogiannis S, Roubies N, Christodoulopoulos G.Effect of long-term dietary supplementation with clinoptilolite on performance and selected serum biochemical values in dairy goats. Am J Vet Res 2009; 70(3):346-52. http://dx.doi.org/10.2460/ajvr.70.3.346